My Reiki Journey - Part 9: Reiki II Distance Healing Session Experience

By far, the most interesting insights and discoveries after Reiki II training came from doing the practice of distance healing work with people who had never experienced it before and were not trained in reiki at all, but were open enough to work at distance by referral, even if we hadn't met in person before.  I'm so grateful for those friends and family member referrals who were willing to let me connect and practice reiki distance healing early on so that I could understand more of what was possible for them and for myself.

When you reach the 5th Floor of Musée d’Orsay, you don’t just see the backside of the large train station clock, you also see a view all the way to the Basilica Sacre Coeur.

Everyone develops their own process over time, but for me, distance healing sessions start with a phone or video call to connect and understand the client's intention for the session, to become aware of any issues or concerns the client may have, and to confirm that the client is in a place and time when they can relax in a way that allows them to more comfortably receive the healing energy available to them.  Technically we don't need to have time synchronicity, but I prefer it whenever possible.

After this brief initial conversation, we hang up so they can relax in their own space, and I begin my part of facilitating the healing connection.  Sometimes I use a drawing to help me connect by creating an image of what I'm sensing energetically and sometimes I use a simplified hands-on, self-care style practice in which I might actually begin to feel the same issues a client has.  It all depends on what seems like it will help me facilitate healing energy based on the client and what they're working on. 

If I attempt to get scientific about the process, the permission and invitation from the client allows me to engage in quantum entanglement to better facilitate the healing energy for their benefit.  In Reiki, we only see ourselves as facilitators of a much larger and more abundant healing energy, so we're just working to help create a stronger healing connection for the client.  The healing energy is always out there in the ether, but when two people are focusing on bringing it into the same body, it's amplified beyond our individual capacity.  Connecting with clients also allows me to do a bit of medical intuition work as well and discover anything that may be getting overlooked by the client.

Once I feel like the healing energy has thoroughly moved through and connected with the body of the client, I either call them back or send an email with my notes and insights, depending on what they request.  Some people actually fall asleep during the session, so sending an email allows them to stay in that relaxed state as long as they'd like.  For other people, they really want to have a conversation, or they may have experienced something they'd like to discuss after the session, and a phone call gives us a chance to debrief.  

The confirmations I'm able to receive about what I experience during the session come from sharing what came up during the session on my end with clients, and then clients sharing any of their known issues that are related to areas where I experience sensory impressions that are coming up during the session.  Some clients are so disconnected from their physical body or so mentally wrapped up in a surface issue that they aren't tuning into themselves at all and can't provide any confirmations about areas where healing energy was working the most, but thankfully due to so many experiences where I've received confirmation successfully, I can trust that reiki energy is working and moving through even if a client doesn't have any awareness or confirmation to provide.  

When doing distance sessions, I've found that it's helpful to schedule a series of multiple sessions so that I can check in with the client from one time to the next to see what has changed and what has stayed the same so we have more information about what is shifting and what is taking longer.  It's also helpful to check in with the client to see if any healing guidance or self-care work I suggested they do on their own has helped them in any way as well.

I find that the Distance Healing work is a bit more gentle on the physical body than hands-on work, and that Distance Healing can be especially beneficial for mental, emotional, and spiritual issues that live in the aura and energy body before they become deeper physical issues.  I've also learned in general that Reiki Healing Energy moves more easily when we engage with it more regularly- even with my own self-care practice, my healing journey is often amplified the week before and after receiving a Reiki session or participating in Reiki classes.

Anne Ruthmann, Certified Reiki III Master Practioner, www.abundantsphere.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Reiki Journey - Part 10: Developing A Sensory Language

Overcoming Natural Disasters

Rock-a-Bye Baby - Reiki Healing Moment